The construction industry has been deemed as an essential part of business in America as the industry supports infrastructure, as well as government, medical and residential needs. As such, ABC understands that this is new territory for many of their members as they attempt to navigate their way through this trying time. ABC stands to provide their members with any assistance they may require, relevant news & webinars, and access to important information and resources. We are joined together in this difficult time and will also overcome this together.
PLEDGE: (Click here to email us to sign the pledge)
Whereas, the Construction Industry has been acknowledged to be an essential business to the States of Kansas & Missouri, supporting infrastructure, government, medical and residential needs; and
Whereas, the Construction Industry is a unique industry in that workspaces are closed to the public, often with easily accessible fresh air and/or outdoor job sites; and
Whereas, the Construction Industry is committed to the health and safety of their workers and for the families and loved ones they go home to; and
Whereas, the Construction Industry is heavily regulated by Federal, State and Local Governments as to what can and cannot take place on a job site, we the undersigned hereby commit, to instituting the following practices at a minimum, in an effort to eliminate the spread of the Coronavirus:
Workers with CDC designated symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc. are to stay home and not report to work. Workers exhibiting these symptoms are to be sent home immediately.
- Individuals will maintain a minimum of 6 feet separation consistent with CDC guidelines
- No gatherings of more than 10 people when required to meet even when conducted outside. For stand-down meetings, disseminate information electronically and have each trade conduct the training on their own in groups not to exceed 10
- Common water coolers are to be discouraged
- Prop doors open when safe to do so
- Do not stack trades in the same space
- Wash stations with soap are to be installed/maintained at building entrances and break areas as well other strategic areas near offices, trailers, and jobsite egress areas with hot water when possible
- Encourage and direct employees to wash hands at breaks and as frequently as possible.
- Gloves are required for all trash removal
Signage barring employees with COVID-19 symptoms, CDC recommendations, and posters that encourage staying home when sick, cough and sneeze etiquette, and hand hygiene are to be placed at the entrance to the workplace and in other prominent areas.
- ABC COVID Poster
- ABC National – COVID-19 Toolbox Talks & Action Plans
- OSHA – Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- CDC – Guidance for Business Response
- Construction Coalition for Suicide Prevention – Tool Box Talk