Each year, the ABC Heart of America Chapter provides the opportunity for members to compete for honors in the construction industry’s premier annual awards program: the Excellence in Construction (EIC) Awards. The EIC Awards recognize the outstanding Merit Shop construction projects completed during the previous year by member companies in Missouri and Kansas.
- Only ABC Heart of America Chapter contractor members in good standing are eligible to enter.
- Projects must be completed between September 1, 2016 and August 31, 2017.
- No project with a safety-related fatality of any of the contractors on the project may be eligible to be considered for an award and the decision of the judges will be final.
The Excellence in Construction awards program is the industry’s leading competition, developed to honor innovative and high-quality Merit Shop construction projects. The award honors all construction team members, including the contractor, owner, architect and engineer. The winning projects, selected from entries submitted from across Missouri and Kansas, are judged on complexity, attractiveness, unique challenges overcome, completion time, workmanship, innovation, safety and cost.
- There is a $295 fee for each project submitted in a category.
- Payment must be received by check or credit card no later than September 12, 2017.