Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, Safety Training and Evaluation Process (S.T.E.P.) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. There is no charge for this service (unless you are applying for S.T.E.P. Diamond or Platinum), and your responses are strictly confidential.
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component System forms a 20-point guide to starting, updating and auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates both OSHA required safety data with self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide range report on the entire nature of a company's safety program.
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter Awards programs
- S.T.E.P. can lead into National Safety Excellence Awards and Accredited Quality Contractor recognition (both national programs)
- Can be beneficial in the bidding process and negotiating insurance rates
- Discounted workers' comp rates through Injured Workers' Insurance Fund.
S.T.E.P. applications are due for the HOA Chapter on or before 7/29/17. Questions? Contact 816.994.5990.